Issues related to indoor air quality (IAQ) and mold are coming to the forefront as homeowners, facility managers, building owners, property managers, school districts and employers continue to take a keen interest in ensuring the health and safety of their building occupants. Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) and mold problems can dramatically impact an individual’s health, reduce workplace productivity and morale, even adversely affect property values.
As a Certified Mold Assessment Consultant and member of the Indoor Quality Association (IAQA), NOW Environmental Services is up-to-date on the latest testing and sampling techniques for IAQ and mold as well as current scientific information, and proposed Federal and State legislation regarding these issues.
Mold In Your Home Can Be a Very Serious Health Issue:
NOW Environmental Services routinely conducts comprehensive IAQ and fungal growth site assessments for institutional, commercial, industrial and residential clients using the latest technology and techniques. We follow a methodical approach designed to help our clients understand and effectively deal with their IAQ and mold issues.
The Mold Inspection Service Call Includes:
- Multiple Air Samples inside the space for viable and non viable mold spores.
- Bulk sampling of suspected mold growth. Process is capturing material on a glass microscope slide for laboratory analysis
- Sampling of outdoor environment for benchmarking
- Crawl space and attic inspection
- Total moisture in building materials
- CO & CO2 levels
- Source probability assessment
Mold remediation/abatement protocol (extra fee)
The following references have been used when developing sampling protocol, evaluating data and making recommendations.
American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH)
1) Bioaerosols: Assessment and Control
2) Guidelines for the Assessment of Bioaerosols in the Indoor Environment
Environmental Protection Agency
1) EPA 0402-K-01-001- Mold Remediation is Schools and Commercial Buildings
2) Building Air Quality – A Guide for Building Owners and Facility Managers
American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
1) ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 62-2001 Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air Quality
2) Interpretation for ASHRAE Standard 62-2001
WISHA Regional Directives-Department of Labor & Industries
1) Appendix A: Evaluating Microbiological Contamination
Dr. Allen Clark IAQ Investigative Team Leader:
Dr. Allen Clark of NOW Environmental Services has over 10 years experience in performing IAQ and fungal assessment in general and in construction industries and residential settings. IAQ credentials for Dr. Clark include:
- Bachelors’ of Science in Chemistry,Haverford College,Haverford,PA.MD and PhD,Jefferson Medical College,Philadelphia,PA
- Mold, Spores & Remediation Training through the American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists
- Indoor Air Quality & Fungal Spore Identification, Denver Veteran’s Hospital, Denver, CO
Please contact our office for more information! (253) 927-5233
Why Choose Us?
NOW Environmental has been providing the answers to environmental questions that individuals, industry, and government agencies have relied on for over 25 years. NOW Environmental offers fast and price effective service. We offer free, initial phone consultations with a certified professional. Certified provider of EPA, WISHA, and OSHA training.